Kitesurfing Lesson One is a comprehensive introduction to kite flying and the sport of kitesurfing.
- 2.5 hours
- 2 Students per lesson
- Prices are per person
In your first lesson we will cover the following:
- Weather – site analysis – possible hazards and dangers
- Wind effects – down wind rules
- Wind window explanation and theory – kite positions in the wind window with a trainer kite – all exercises
- 4 line or 5 line inflateable power kite set up and explanation of kite anatomy
- Safety systems demonstration and practice
- First flight – explain steering and bar movement – assisted launch and landing
- Demonstrate self launch – self landing and self rescue theory on the beach
- Practice kite control and steering, release bar and land kite to water – re launching
- Body drag away from beach and self rescue in water (only if conditions are suitable)
- One handed flying – landing the kite to your instructor.