For kiters focused on smooth lift and easier progression, the Kite 960 is the new entry-level wing that refines proven concepts such as an elliptical low aspect planform and thin foil section to give entry level foilers the best possible experience on the water.
Takeoffs are extremely smooth, with some delay to allow maximum comfort and control. Speed is good but not intimidating and the foil turns intuitively with a ‘surfy’ feel. For improved lift and carving stability we’ve paired it with the Kite 270 stabilizer. Wings are not the only things that are new, the S25 foils feature a redesigned fuselage and mast as well. The fuselage is lighter and has stainless steel helicoil inserts to further reduce corrosion. The 85 cm mast has been completely redesigned to be stiffer in both bending and torsional flex and is 20% lighter than previous years. The mast also features a new bonding system to the board mount as well as the fuselage connection resulting in a sealed and more direct board connection system.
- Kite 960 Front Wing = Early takeoff with a playful feel
- Kite 270 Stabilizer = Smooth takeoff and comfortable mid-range feel
- 85 cm Mast = 20% lighter, stiffer and offers more control at any speed
- Chopped Carbon/UD Carbon Fiber Wing/Stabilizer = 25% lighter than previous years
- Direct Connect Plate Bonded with Aircraft Grade Extruded Aluminum 95 cm Mast = Solid board connection + sealed mast
- Updated Aircraft Grade Aluminum 64 cm Fuselage = Lighter for S25 with stainless steel Helicoil M6 thread inserts
- 5 x 20 mm Torx Head Stainless Steel Screws (Connects Wings to Fuselage) = Superior torque + corrosion resistant
- 3 x 25 mm Torx Head Stainless Steel Screws (Connects Mast to Fuselage) = Superior torque + corrosion resistant
- 4 x 25 mm Torx Head Stainless Steel Screws and 4 x M6 Tab (Connects Standard Plate to Board) = Superior torque + corrosion resistant